Explore how The Private Bank at Commerce Trust can help you achieve your home financing goals.
Working with a Commerce Trust Private Banking Relationship Manager for a construction loan provides the following benefits:
- A single point-of-contact to coordinate the construction process financing between the builder, subcontractors and the title company
- The ability to lock in your end loan interest rate prior to the start of construction
- The convenience of your Private Banking Relationship Manager to coordinate construction advances on your behalf
- Personal service from Commerce Trust for the life of your loan, because it will never be sold
For homeowners with a mortgage, the Ultimate Renovation Loan allows you to preserve the interest rate with your current mortgage and activate an Ultimate Renovation Loan in a second lien position for your renovation.
Consider the Ultimate Renovation Loan to create the home that will work for your family for years to come.*
- Renovation of single-family home only
- First lien1 and second lien2 loans available
- Minimum loan amount is $25,000. Maximum loan amount based on After Renovation3 loan to value (LTV).
- No maximum repair amount as long as the renovation costs do not exceed 75% of the After Renovation appraised value of the property3
- Repairs or improvements must be permanently affixed to the property
- Can be used on a primary residence or second home
- Minimum of 660 FICO® credit score
How do you plan to use the funds? Any large expense — especially when you don’t need the money all at once or are not sure of the total amount needed — such as college tuition, wedding planning, or home renovation
What do you want in a loan?
- Variable interest rates based on the Prime Rate4
- Monthly payments as low as interest-only
- Easy ongoing access to money for a series of expenses
- Reusable whenever you need to borrow
- Interest may be tax deductible5.
Are there discounts available? Up to 0.50% discount on the loan rate6.
Are there fees? No application fees, no bank fees at closing and no early payoff fees7.
Is there potential to save on taxes? Yes5.
What about online convenience? Use Online Banking to:
- Check loan balance
- Make payments by transferring from your Commerce checking or savings account
- Transfer funds from your Home Equity Line of Credit to Commerce checking or savings account
*The Private Bank at Commerce Trust supports the markets and communities within our geographic regions and reserves the right to limit the geographic area in which loans will be made. The Private Bank at Commerce Trust does not lend in Maryland.
1First lien loans up to $1,000,000 may qualify for 95% After Renovation LTV. Loans exceeding $1,000,000 and up to $1,250,000 in value may be eligible for 90% After Renovation LTV. Loans exceeding $1,250,000 and up to $2,000,000 in value may be eligible for 85% After Renovation LTV. Loans subject to credit approval.
2Second lien loans up to $2,000,000 in value may qualify for 80% After Renovation combined loan to value (CLTV – including both first and second lien loans). Loans subject to credit approval.
3Appraiser will determine the current value of the property plus the anticipated added value of the renovations.
4The Prime Rate used to determine the APR on your account is the U.S. Prime Rate published in The Wall Street Journal in its column called “Money Rates” on the last business day of each month.
5Consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of interest.
6Refinancing option is limited to one discount per new loan, and is not applicable to Commerce credit card or loan account payoffs. Discounts cannot be combined with any other offer. Mortgages and dealer loans are not eligible to receive the personal loan discounts.
7Missouri, Kansas, Illinois and Colorado residents incur no fees or closing costs. Oklahoma residents are required to pay state mortgage tax of no more than $.10 per $100 of mortgage filed; no other fees or closing costs apply. Insurance must be carried on the property securing the loan.
The Private Bank at Commerce Trust is a business unit of Commerce Trust, a division of Commerce Bank, Member FDIC.
Commerce does not provide tax advice or legal advice to customers. Consult a tax specialist regarding tax implications related to any product and specific financial situation.