Specialty Loans and Lines of Credit
The Private Bank at Commerce Trust helps clients like business owners and commission- or bonus-based executives, leverage the value of their assets to maintain steady cash flow while avoiding a taxable event that could occur if they liquidated securities in their portfolio. Private Banking Relationship Managers are also equipped to assist clients with financing to purchase luxury assets like boats and aircraft with specialty loans.
Securities-based lines of credit with The Private Bank at Commerce Trust:
- Are exclusively for Commerce Trust Private Bank clients
- Require a $150,000 line of credit minimum; there is no maximum
- Can offer a flexible repayment schedule and an interest-only payment option
Use a securities-based line of credit:
- To purchase or renovate your personal or investment real estate property
- Pay taxes or education expenses
Purchase luxury assets such as a boat or car
- Invest in business opportunities
- Fund unexpected expenses such as a major repair or medical bills
*Securities-based borrowing exposes the borrower to some risks. If the value of the underlying investments decreases sharply, the borrower may need to expedite repayment or sell investments to meet the terms of the agreement. Selling investment securities may result in adverse tax obligations. An experienced advisor can explain how securities-based lines of credit can play a role in a comprehensive approach to wealth management. This material is not a recommendation of any particular security, is not based on any particular financial situation or need and is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified attorney, tax advisor or investment professional.
The Private Bank at Commerce Trust is a business unit of Commerce Trust, a division of Commerce Bank, Member FDIC.
Commerce does not provide tax advice or legal advice to customers. Consult a tax specialist regarding tax implications related to any product and specific financial situation.